Monday, March 3, 2008

Smoo Party

Man, I lead a very boring life. There really isn't ever much going on to talk about.
The Smoo and I scouted some potential birthday party locations this weekend. We found a big city park with a pavilion that I can rent. Granted his birthday isn't until 5/23, we have been looking for months. We talk about his birthday on a daily basis. But when you are 4, birthday and Christmas are pretty much all you look forward to. We discuss what the theme will be, and what he wants for gifts ALL THE TIME! I want his parties to be great and memorable for him, but every year I feel like I let him down. We invite a few kids, but no one really ever shows up. Mostly just family and adults. He always has a great time, and I really don't think he cares who else is there, but I just want this one to be great for him. I am going to start planning sooner and hopefully it will be a success.

2 comments:

PrincessGreen17 said...

I have my birthday on my mind but it's in 13 days. I remember being THAT excited year round about Christmas and birthdays! I'm sure you don't let him down and he will have a blast when he turns 5! I went to some really fun parties at Friendship Park in Ridgeland.

wallrock said...

My sister's birthday is two days before mine, so I never got that excited growing up since we "had" to celebrate my sister's first. I'd say don't worry about trying to out-do yourself every year. I can only remember one childhood birthday party, and that was my 8th birthday when I got on the news. I just remember all the others as being a fun time.