Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008

I am a couple of weeks late but here are my resolutions:
1) Get back into school - after about 9 yrs of being out I am ready to go back. There is a court reporting program at a local community college that I want to enroll in. I am going to set up a meeeting with a counselor for this month and see what kind of grants and stuff I can get. It is a 2 year course, so hopefully I will be done before I am 30.
2) Lose weight (of course) - last year I started the year out rather slim, but managed to gain back all the weight that I had lost to become slim. I guess it is a combination of bad eating habits, no exercise and being comfortable in a new relationship with a man who cooks really well and all the time.
3) Be more responsible with $ - as a single mother, I don't have much to begin with, but I usually blow the little bit that I do have. $ just burns a whole in my pockets and I really need to have some in savings to fall back on. So far this year I have saved up a couple hundred to help with moving expenses that are coming at the end of the month, and I have been really pleased with myself for that. I hope to keep it up and have a good chunk in savings at the end of 2008.

I am really excited about this year, I think it will be a year full of good changes. Smoo will start kindergarden this year, and hopefully I will be starting about the same time. We are moving to a new place that is bigger and nicer, and I am really excited about it. My brother will be coming home from Iraq. Dan and I will hopefully have a great 2nd year together. I am hopeful and looking to make positive steps forward for the first time in a long time. I hope this will be the year that I take control of my life, instead of just letting life happen to me.

2 comments:

PrincessGreen17 said...

I really like that last sentence, that's a great outlook to start the new year. I think you'll be successful at those resolutions. Good luck!

Jaime said...

You are a really good writer!!! I like that last sentance too!!