Friday, January 18, 2008

War..huh..good god y'all what is it good for...

I am not trying to offend anyone or start anything with this delicate subject, but it is one that is now close to home for me. I have always been pretty non-political, but with my brother being in Iraq I pay alot more attention to what the presidential hopefuls have to say. I want to hear their solutions for the war on terror. I really wonder if this war can be ended or resolved. I fear that as soon as the troops are gone that things in the middle east will get worse, which might result in troops going back. My brother has an 8 year commitment with the Marines, and though he will be home soon I doubt that it will be his only tour over there. After 911 I thought that going after the people who did that was the most sensible thing to do. Just like Pearl Harbor, there is no way that the American people would have just stood by after that and not have retaliated. But this time it is different, we aren't fighting an army. We are fighting individuals. Any "Joe Blow" walking down the street could be the next terrorist. An army can't fight like that. Now my brother is just sitting over there, thousands of miles away from his home and loved ones, with nothing really to do. Trust me I am grateful that there isn't alot of "action" over there, but it also makes me mad that they would send him away when they don't really need him. So, basically what I am wondering is when will this end? When can our brothers, sons, daughters, and husbands come home? Or will there ALWAYS have to be a millitary presence there to make sure that all the work we have done and changes we have made for those people not be undone as soon as we are gone? And who's to say it is our right to even try to change their way of life?
Anyway, that is just my thoughts (or questions rather) on the matter.

2 comments:

PrincessGreen17 said...

I didn't really pay attention either until people I know started going over there...just imagine how conflicted some of the people serving must feel. I have always wondered what made it our right to tell them what to do too.

Jaime said...

Damn, I wander the same thing!!! When's it gonna be over with!!??